How to care for Mealworms
Keep your mealworms in a fridge; temperatures of 3 to 7°C are ideal. At lower temperatures, the mealworms may die and at higher temperatures, the mealworms will become more active and need feed and may begin to pupate. Use a container with air holes, the worms cannot climb smooth plastic.
If you plan to use up your mealworms within 3 weeks, no extra care is required. You
may notice a bit of die-off, but not much.
For more than 3 weeks, follow these steps once a week:
- Remove your mealworms from the fridge.
- Place a food source in with the mealworms. We use thinly cut slices of squash, potato, or carrot.
- Let the mealworms eat for 3 hours.
- Remove any and all remaining pieces of food.
- If no bedding remains, add a 1/4 cup of Optimal Worm Feed & Bedding or wheat bran for every 1000 mealworms.
- Place mealworms back into the fridge.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.